The Cisco Software Asset Manager will deliver IT Asset Management service for one or multiple Cisco customers. The Cisco Software Asset Manager will serve as a point of contact to the customer, partner, and Cisco account team for managing, tracking, reporting on, and resolving issues with the customers’ Cisco Installed Base (IB) software data. This position requires system and data base proficiency, knowledge of software and services offerings, analytical skills to interpret data and produce summaries and effective customer services skills to resolve partner/customer issues. This critical role partners with cross-functionally within Cisco and with partners and customers to ensure a differentiated customer experience as it relates to assigned responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead implementation of IT Asset Management service for new IT Asset Management customers
- Establish and maintain direct relationships with Cisco Account Teams, Customers, and other Cisco or Cisco partner stakeholders
- Learn customers’ processes relating to Installed Base data management; recommend changes to improve Installed Base data management
- Implement processes for managing Move, Add Change, and Delete (MACD) activities
- Interpret large raw data sets; conduct data analysis and audits
- Develop and lead execution of action plan to update Cisco databases with improved IB data
- Use Cisco tools and databases to effectively manage Cisco asset information for customers
- Lead client calls, participate in quarterly business reviews, and conduct (potential) on-site visits
- Reconciles customer inventory, service coverage and license usage/deployment
- Provide Install base analysis reporting, pricing and TCO support across Cisco and partners
- Drives standardized processes with the customer/partner ensuring scalability, consistency and Customer Satisfaction.
- Proactively setts and manages expectations mapped to project timelines
- Address contract problems for service delivery issues (support and SW updates/upgrades) by researching and fixing contract and install base issues.
- Provides a single view of customer/partner information with regard to service levels and contracts
- Communicates status and updates to designated deal Stakeholders, Service Sales, Product Sales, and Customers/Partners as required.
- Builds effective relationships with Customers and Account Teams
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills – verbal and written
- Highly organized with strong project management and time management skills
- Responsive and timely in delivering on commitments
- Proficient in MS Excel 2010 (pivot table, vlookup, etc.)
- Advanced data analysis capabilities
- Creative problem-solver
- Readily masters new tools and processes
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Knowledge of Cisco products and services (desired)
About Cisco Asset Management Service
Cisco Asset Management Service is designed to give Customers near real-time Installed Base (IB) information so they can effectively manage the lifecycle of their Cisco assets and make the right business decisions. It does this through proactive management of their Cisco IB, which includes collating asset information from various sources, building the most accurate IB view, analyzing the data and managing service contracts.